Private EquityFrom the largest, most sophisticated global sponsors to relatively small portfolio companies -
Bottom-line - you are in the best hands with Riverside as your trusted partner and advisor
With Riverside, you benefit from working with very experienced and financially sophisticated derivatives professionals who also have a deep understanding of capital markets and corporate finance. We become a trusted advisor and an extension of your deal team providing you with hedging expertise at the fund level or directly with your portfolio companies. The confidence you gain by working with Riverside as your hedging partner allows you to focus on the most important aspects of your transaction while leaving the potentially costly, time consuming and complicated hedge process in the most capable hands. When you work with Riverside, be assured that you get the attention of senior derivatives professionals.
We have the hands-on experience to address highly complex and confidential transactions associated with your acquisitions and divestitures, both domestically and internationally. Riverside has earned the respect of the most sophisticated swap dealers allowing us to maintain good banking relationships for our sponsor clients which ultimately results in the best pricing and execution of the hedges. In addition, our understanding of each swap dealer’s capabilities and risk tolerance leads to significantly better economic terms, especially on longer-term currency hedges and complex transactions.
By working with Riverside, you benefit from the following:
- We work with you to determine your targeted risk metric, such as IRR or a change in cash flow, incorporating sophisticated stress analysis into your models.
- We help identify the best hedge strategy to meet your goals.
- When reviewing your credit agreements we help to make sure that the interest rate, hedging and other definitions and requirements accurately reflect the intent of the hedge transactions and are commercially reasonable.
- When reviewing your ISDA documents, we introduce concepts of transparency and fair play to achieve a more balanced and commercially reasonable framework for hedging.
- We work closely with your deal team to ensure that all funds flow at closing for your cross-border transactions are done efficiently and within narrow time constraints.
- Finally, we make sure you get the best execution with your dealers, helping you save transaction costs and thereby preserve equity returns.